Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Birthdays are Great Excuses to Shop

    So after seeing this mess you and I both know that I do not need anything.  My own mother had the nerve to say I shouldn't go shopping ......for six months!  Six months!!  Am I being punished!?!?!  The thought of not shopping makes me feel all nervous and anxious, like "But, what will I wear!?!?"  Maybe I should see a shrink...do they have shrinks in the Mall?

Speaking of the mall, did you know you can get free stuff on your birthday from Sephora?!  You know I like free stuff! Last week was my Birthday!!!  Yay to me, and what better excuse reason is there to shop?!

And this was my free gift from Sephora






Big thanks to Janelle for the cute card and gift-certificate.  More shopping to come, people!!!





A week before my birthday, my friend Laura's sweet Nanny told me about a local store that I had not been to since they switched locations.  I went and oh my goodness, I felt like I had died and gone to Vintage Heaven!!  Oh, it's a place, alright!  While I was shopping for necessities myself, I came across this beautiful necklace that I purchased as a gift for a dear, dear friend.  See, shopping can be fun even if it's for others! 








While strolling through Vintage Heaven I came along this little beauty







 Oh, but note the detailing!!!  Embroidery! Peacocks!! And they're in love!!!  If this doesn't scream my name, I don't know what does!!!










 Can you feel the love, can you feel it!?









 Oh, but wait!!!  There's more!!! This little beauty came with a matching coat-thingy!!!  Double-trouble!!!







Sassy wrist detail, good for making various hand-gestures in style.

 







Total Cost for 2 pieces:  Reduced to $18 because of a minor imperfection, which actually worked out because I ended up burning a hole in the dress part with an iron.....woops!

And of course, we need accessories!!!! 



 


Girly Girl Rings:  Purchased from Rainbow for $3 each for a total of $6!!!  What a steal!!





Shoes:  Gifted from Boyfren Ooh la la $0






Banana Bag:  Thrifted from Absolutely Fabulous $10

Total Cost: $34 I win!!!!
 
And remember, makeup is an accessory too!!! 








Every Birthday Girl needs pink lipstick!!!!







And yellow eye shadow!!!  They don't call me "Matchy McMatcherson" for nothing! 


And here I am, being the peacock






Peacocks are very serious, in case you didn't know.







And as the boyfren and I walk off into the night, I thank everyone who made my birthday as special as it was, I am a very lucky girl who has a lot to be thankful for.


And I am thankful for you dear reader, have a virtual cupcake (0 cals!)!






 Muah!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great birthday. :)
    Love the lippie and shoes color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Nice buys!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete